As posted in my last post, Virgin Atlantic recently changed their transfer ratio to Hilton HHonors to 1:2. This means, you can transfer Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles to Hilton HHonors in multiples of 5,000 miles to get 10,000 HHonors points without any transfer fee.
Now here is the deal. When you apply for Virgin Atlantic American Express card offered by Bank of America, you can earn up to 50,000 miles. The card carries an annual fee of $90 and does not offer any first year fee waiver. Here is the breakdown of these bonus 50,000 miles:
- 20,000 Flying Club miles after your first purchase made with your Virgin Atlantic Card.
- 25,000 Flying Club Bonus miles after you make $2,500 in net retail purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add additional authorized users to your Card. (Please note that Bank of America does not require a social security number for the authorized user).
Additionally, you can also earn up to 15,000 bonus miles at account anniversary. Earned Anniversary Flying Club miles will be posted to your Flying Club account each year within four to six weeks of the anniversary of your Card’s open date. Here is the breakdown:
- 7,500 anniversary Flying Club miles will be posted to your Flying Club account when you spend a minimum of $15,000 in net purchases within the anniversary year with your Virgin Atlantic Card.
- An additional 7,500 anniversary Flying Club miles will be awarded when you spend $25,000 in net purchases within the anniversary year with your Virgin Atlantic Card.
Note that you earn 3 Virgin Atlantic miles for every $ you spend at Virgin Atlantic and 1.5 miles for every $ spent elsewhere. This makes it one of the best direct miles earning card. And as pointed out earlier, award redemption on Hawaiian Airlines for inter-island flights is one of the best uses of these miles.