There have been some interesting attractive mailings from most card issuers inviting their targets to apply for their card. In return, they are offering some really hefty bonuses. Please keep an eye on your mails for any offers. And feel free to post them here if you want to know my and other readers’ opinions on those offers.
Since such offers are usually mailed out in batches, it can be safely assumed that if a few people receive the offers, others can expect it too. However, they will usually target those potential customers who have never been a previous customer with them, for that specific product. It’s rather sad state of affairs where current customers receive nothing, zilch, nada, but new customers keep on receiving excellent offers. It is all about customer acquisition and sometimes customer retention too. Existing customers can try calling their card issuers to cancel the account and most likely they might offer something interesting to not lose them as customers. Having an educational background in business, I understand the reasons and economics behind it.
1. Citi has recently started mailing out 100,000 bonus TY points for applying for their Thank You Premier card.
2. Citi has started mailing out 50% bonus miles on every dollar spent for their existing AAdvantage card customers.
3. Citi has started mailing out 50% bonus points on every dollar spent for their existing Thank You card holders.
4. Chase has started sending out 80,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards Points for applying for their Chase INK BOLD business card.
5. Chase has started sending out 60,000 bonus United Miles for applying for their United Airlines Visa credit card.
6. Citi has sent out targeted offers for 50,000 bonus AAdvantage miles for applying for their AAdvantage Visa card, plus 2 miles per $ spent in the first year.
7. Chase – 60,000 bonus Priority Club points for applying for their Priority Club Rewards Visa credit card.
8. American Express – 75,000 bonus AMEX MR points for applying for their Business Gold Premier Rewards card.
And many more that I may have missed. Please feel free to post your comments or send me a message directly with the information on your targeted mailings and I will update them here. Remember, targeted offer are unlikely to be available to the masses unless the card issuers decide to do so.