Following are some common questions that can help you narrow down your options for credit cards for daily use. Basically, you have set targets or goals and learn to opti-maxi-mize your options to meet those goals.
- What do you value more, hard cash back, airline miles, hotel points or proprietary points.
- What is your current best card? What do you get out of it, cash, miles or points? And how many for each $ you spend?
- What is your monthly spending and pattern of spending?
- Where is your location and what is/are the preferred airport/s for you to fly from?
- What is your typical travel pattern? Flexible/somewhat flexible/not flexible.
- Do you mainly fly domestic or internationally? If domestic, is it short-haul or coast-to-coast?
- Do you value 1.25x-2x economy tickets more or 1 business or first class ticket?
- What airlines do you prefer to fly on?
- Is your airfare paid out of your pocket or charged to your employer or your business?
- What are you preferred destinations?
- What is your typical trip read like?
- Do you stay at hotels at all? If yes, any preference among the major hotel chains?
- How many people are in your party when you travel?
- What is most important to you on your trip?
- Do you have any travel goals that you are working towards? Any dream trips that you plan in next 1-2 years?
I think this is good beginning. I am sure there are many more such questions that I have missed out on. I will update this list as and when necessary.