There has been a lot of talk about Amex 50K MR points on the web and someone just pointed us to the direct link for this offer. We always recommend taking screenshot of the offer incase you don’t receive promised reward points. One reason this deal has been in news is because of Delta transfer bonus deal which makes it pretty hot in our opinion. https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/platinum-charge-card/36900-10-0/0/0/0/n/
Delta Transfer Bonus Deal:
1. Register for the the Delta 50% transfer (first time transfers only) DL transfer must be complete by 5/31/11.
2. Apply for the Platinum card. Once approved and when you have the card in
hand, if you have had another Amex card in good standing, you can “borrow or advance” 60K MR points. You do this on the Amex Membership rewards
3. Complete the $1000 minimum spend on the Plat card ASAP and your points (50K) should post a couple weeks after your statement closes.
4. Those points will pay back your “advance or borrow.”
5. By applying for this card, you will get 50K MR, which you then transfer to the program of your choice. In addition, you will receive $200 of airline incidental expenses credit (baggage, meals, etc.), lounge access for one year. 6. If you choose the Delta promotion, you will also receive 25,000 MQM also which will give you Delta Silver Elite Status until Feb. 1, 2013 and 75K Delta miles (by signing up for 50% offer in step 1).
7. The application fee for the Platinum Card is $450 and your net cost (if you use the incidental expenses) is $250.